Saturday, May 31, 2008

Monsoon's here ...

A Bengaluru Monsoon Afternoon

Well ... summer's over and monsoon is in ... It kind of has a UK shift (like in BPOs) ... Every evening it rains ... goes on in spells till around 10 pm or so ... weekends sometimes it rains and sometimes it doesn't ... very regular and time bound ... Isn't it nice?

It could be better without the muddy roads and all the digging by BBMP, but what am I complaining about? In the most developed countries like the US of A and the likes, the winter and the snow causes the same distress if not more.

There's an amazing element to Bangalore showers, the other day while I was driving to office, out of the 10 kms I have to drive, the first 2 kms were pouring, the next 3 kms or so absolutely dry, and then it was pouring again until I reached office ... very distinct demarcations. In fact I saw one biker stop his bike around 100 mtrs away from the rain, wore his waterproof jacket, and then rode into the rain. This has always fascinated me ... yesterday it was the best though. I was driving towards Lingarajapuram and I couldn't believe it when I my car passed through a very short-length shower ... just around the length of my car ... Freaky huh?

Well ... I like monsoon, I miss my bike sometimes and the times when I could go riding in the rain with Madhu ... just for fun :)

1 comment:

Kay said...

Lovely - keep it going Smiley :-)